北上广深是一线大城市,假如你是工作在这类城市的朋友,应该深深领会到它的困难,下面记者为大伙收拾的城市生活英语对话,期望对大伙有用!
城市生活英语对话
Ann: Anne, what is your dream house like?
安:安妮, 你梦想中的房屋是哪种?
Anne: I’d like a big modern flat in central Shanghai, so I can go shopping every day.
安妮:我期望有一套在上海中心的现代公寓,那样我就能每天逛街了。
Ann: Shanghai! But I don’t think big city is a good place to live.
安:上海啊!但我感觉大城市并非个好住处。
Anne: Why? You don’t like big city?
安妮:为何?你不喜欢大城市啊?
Ann: Yes. Living in a big city means great pressure, noise, and air pollution…anyway never peaceful.
安:嗯。住在大城市重压非常大,还有噪音和空气污染,就是说从来不会非常安宁。
Anne: So what is your dream house looks like?
安妮:那你梦想中的房屋又是哪种?
Ann: I would like a villa near the lake. Its form looks like the British Castle. And it would have a big garden with various flowers and trees.
安:我想要一幢湖边别墅,像英国别墅那样的。还要有一个有花草树木的大花园。
Anne: It sounds like a holiday resort, but not a normal house.
安妮:听起来像是个度假胜地,而不是普通的房屋。
Ann: Yes, I hope my house could be a real sweet home, a place to refresh spirits, but not just a place to shelter.
安:对啊,我就是期望我的房屋是个真正温馨的家,是个可以恢复精神的家,而不止是一个遮蔽处。
Anne: I still prefer to live in the prosperous big cities.
安妮:我还是更喜欢生活在繁华的大城市里。
Ann: There are heavy pressures for living in big cities. Increasingly more people crowd into the places like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, which lead to many problems, such as traffic jam, air pollution and price increase of housing.
安:大城市的生活有太大的重压。愈加多的人涌向北京、上海、广州如此的地方,致使了不少问题,譬如交通拥挤、空气污染、房价上涨。
Ann: But big cities can bring us many opportunities and enjoyments.
安妮:但大城市也会带给大家不少机会和不少享受。
Ann: According to the current situation, it will take at least ten years for you to buy a house.
安:根据目前的状况来看,你至少要工作十年才能有能力购买一套房屋。
Ann: So I will work harder.
安妮:所以我要愈加努力地工作。
Ann: All right, I wish you will realize your dream!
安:好吧,期望你早日达成梦想!
Ann: Thank you!
安妮:谢谢!